- University of Innsbruck, Master's degree in Law (Mag. iur.)
- Liabilities of Directors and Officers in Austria, Legal Briefing, The In-House Lawyer (2017)
- No Risk – No Management? Über die Mitigierbarkeit von rechtlicher Verantwortung, Austrian Management Review Vol. 7 (2017)
- Warranty and Indemnity Insurance in Austria, Legal Briefing, The In-House Lawyer (2017)
- Getting The Deal Through: Dispute Resolution 2017 - Austria
- Getting The Deal Through: Insurance Litigation 2017 - Austria
- Austria: Insurance & Reinsurance, International Comparative Legal Guides, The In-House Lawyer (2017)
- Die Deckung von Schäden aus Kartellgeldbußen, Zeitschrift für Versicherungsrecht, Haftungs- und Schadensrecht (VersR 2/2017)
- Compliance Officer, Verantwortlicher Beauftragter und D&O-Versicherungsschutz, Compliance Praxis (1/2016)
- Business Judgment Rule, Straf- und gesellschaftsrechtliche Rezeption in Österreich durch das Strafrechtsänderungsgesetz 2015 (11/2015)
- Die Directors & Officers Liability Insurance unter Compliance-Gesichtspunkten, in: Petsche/Toifl/Göres/Prebil, Compliance Meisterklasse (2014)
- Offenlegung des Jahresabschlusses 2010 – verschärfte Haftung für Geschäftsführer (08/2011)
- Member of the Austrian Arbitration Association (ArbAut)
- Member of the Insurance and Reinsurance Arbitration Society (ARIAS)
- Lecturer on corporate and civil law at the "Akademie Business Law" (ARS/LIMAK)
- Regular lectures on topics relating to corporate, liability and insurance law
- Coaching for managing directors and board members
Philipp Strasser is a partner at Vavrovsky Heine Marth. As one of the most seasoned insurance law specialists in Austria, he heads the Insurance Litigation Practice in the firm’s Controversy Department. He is recommended by several respected international legal directories as one of Austria's leading experts in dispute resolution.
In addition to his renowned expertise in (re-)insurance law and insurance litigation, Philipp Strasser has long-standing experience in resolving conflicts relating to general tort law, construction law, and banking and securities law. He furthermore focuses on counseling clients in post-M&A, restructuring, shareholder and liabilities/coverage disputes, as well as advising on (re-)insurance law, corporate law and business liability issues. Philipp Strasser is certified as Corporate Compliance Officer according to the Austrian Standard.
He advises Austrian and international insurers, inter alia regarding financial lines/specialty lines (D&O, E&O, PI, POSI, W&I/TRI, etc.), product and public liability, vehicle liability as well as property insurance.